Setting fire to Easter….
We’ve decided to retire the rabbit for Easter and light Liverpool’s sky with a fiery feast.
Get down to St John’s Gardens this Easter and revel in some fiery fun as the Feast of Fire festival takes over.
Set against the iconic backdrop of the fabulous St George’s Hall, you can feel the heat as you follow the discovery trail through the garden, gazing at sculptured metallic trees ablaze, a fiery arch and see flowers burst into flames and bloom before your very eyes, with the performance accompanied by a soundtrack both incredible and atmospheric performed by world-class fire artistes.
As the sun fades to night, you can fire your appetite too, as Feast of Fire will set your tongue aglow, with a mouth-watering line up of artisan street food and drinks, with wood-firey (get it?) pizzas and melting marshmallows to sparkling cocktails and fiery chilli hot chocolate.
Produced by the award-winning arts specialists, Walk the Plank, who helped present the amazing opening to Liverpool 08, have returned a decade later to stage Feast of Fire – part of the cultural programme for Liverpool 2018.
This unique, whole family experience, is on for the whole week, so come and share the magic of fire and light, in Liverpool’s best Easter gala ever.
From 6.30pm-8.30pm*Feast of Fire Early is the perfect family evening adventure with an Easter fire experience, ideal for the little ones. Tickets give access to this immersive experience that lasts 1 – 1.5 hrs as you take in the sights and sounds of fire.
*From 8.30pm the Fire Garden will be reopened to ticket holders for it’s late night session, whilst ticket holders from the earlier sessions are welcome to linger in the garden, please be aware it may be busier during this later period and the programming from 9pm may not be suitable for those under 16.
Feast of Fire Lates
As the sun goes down, from 8.30pm until 10.30pm they’re bringing an additional twist each night with Feast of Fire Lates – a mix of uniquely themed collaborations, designed to celebrate the rich diversity and spirit of Liverpool culture. Round up your mates for a night out like no other.
- Friday, March 23 – Fire in my soul – Join Liverpool SoulFest and warm your heart by celebrating the soul of our amazing city through music, dancing and fire.
- Saturday, March 24 – Celtic Flames – Mystical music and dance combine in a fiery feast of creativity and craic with Movema and friends.
- Sunday, March 25 – Flames from the Dragon – A night to explore Chinese culture, from fusion to hip-hop and traditional Chinese music from Pagoda Arts, including their visually stunning fire and water tai chi fan.
- Good Friday, March 30 – The Kazimier Fire Garden – A feast for all senses unfurls as the Garden springs to life on Good Friday, see St John’s Gardens in a whole new light, as Kazimier Productions weaves its magic.
- Easter Saturday, March 31 – African Heat – Feel the beat in the fiery heat and enjoy a preview of this summer’s Africa Oyé festival with live music and entertainment.
- Easter Sunday, April 1 – Liverpool Pride on Fire – A one-night inferno of everything that’s hot about Liverpool – for the LGBTQ+ community and friends.
- Easter Monday, April 2 – Agni – The Fire of India – For the grand finale St John’s Gardens will be ablaze with a colourful and vibrant myriad of Indian music and dance, curated by Milapfest, the UK’s leading Indian arts trust, with support from Liverpool Mental Health Consortium
Book your tickets now!
Feast of Fire Early
Ticket prices from: Family: £32.00 Adult: £10.50 Child £7.00
Under 3yrs free.
Feast of Fire Lates
Ticket prices from: Adult: £13.00
No additional booking fees.
Please note, ticket price does not include food and drink.
Feast of Fire is an outdoor event that involves close proximity to fire. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
TICKET INFORMATION – Get your tickets here: https://www.ticketquarter.co.uk
- Please note that tickets must be purchased for all of your party (including child tickets and FREE infant tickets).
- Children aged 3 and under go FREE but still require a ticket so we can monitor numbers at the event.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please only bring pushchairs if absolutely necessary; consider using a backpack or sling to make it easier to wander around the gardens.
- Ticket holders consent to photography that may be used for promotional purposes.
- The event is a trail-like experience along pathways which are wheelchair accessible.
- There will be accessible toilets available.
- Disabled ticket holders are entitled to one free ticket for an essential carer/assistant, please read Ticket Quarter FAQ with details of how to apply
Cancellation, exchanges and refunds
- Please be sure that you have chosen the right date and session at the time of making your booking as they are not able to offer exchanges or refunds once tickets have been purchased.
- They are not able to offer refunds/duplicates on unwanted/lost tickets.
Inevitably, bad weather can affect any open-air event. If they have to cancel the event as it unsafe to proceed, visitors will be offered an alternative date/time. No refunds will be offered simply if the weather is inclement. Any decision to cancel the event will be taken at 2pm on the day of an event.
If the event is cancelled by them due to weather and patrons are not able to attend an alternative night offered, then a refund will be considered on a case by case basis.
If they are not able to offer visitors an alternative night, then, in this case, a refund will be offered.